Monday, November 3, 2008

Refreshing get-away

WOW it's good to be home. My family and I had the privledge of spending the week end in a friend's "cabin" in the north Georgia mtns. The weather was perfect, the colors were divine, the kids were pretty co-operative (I mean they're mostly teens, so I have realistic expectations). We hiked, and shopped, and played board games (no TV, yeah!) and I got to do a little embroidery. It was so good to get away from the house and the sewing room (that is in desperate need of cleaning. Oh the house too). I think we all need a break from things, even the things we love, to adjust out perspective. My list includes my family, kids, and sewing. A break from them gives me a freshness to see things more clearly.
Thank you Lord for the "retreat."

No comments: